The Advantages and Disadvantages of Fingerprint, Face and Finger Vein Identification
Fingerprint identification technology
1. The fastest recognition and the most convenient application
2. Easy to promote, most widely used, and adaptable
3. With low miscarriage rate
4. With stability and reliability
5 .Easy to use
6. Strong security. System scan is harmless to the body
7. Fingerprint reproducibility
8. Sustainable development
1. The requirement of the environment is very high and it’s sensitive to finger humidity, cleanliness, etc. Dirty, oil, and water can cause unrecognized or influencing recognition results.
2. Some people or some groups have few fingerprint features or even no fingerprints, so it is difficult to image;
3. For the low-quality fingerprints such as peeling, scars, manual laborers with more hands-on jobs, etc., there are difficulties in identification.
4. Duplication of fingerprints is possible.
5. Fingerprinting requires higher operating specifications.
1. Naturalness: The so-called naturalness refers to distinguishing and confirming identities by observing and comparing faces.
2. Non-mandatory. Face image information can be actively acquired without being detected by the individual under test. Face recognition uses visible light to obtain facial image information. Unlike fingerprint recognition or iris recognition, electronic pressure sensors are used to collect fingerprints. These special collection methods are easily noticeable and therefore can be deceptively deceptive.
3. Non-contact. Compared with other biometric technologies, face recognition is non-contact. Users do not need to directly contact with the device.
4. Concurrency. In practical application scenarios, face recognition technology can perform multiple face sorting, judgment, and recognition.
1. There are similarities in the human face. The differences between different individuals are not significant. The structures of all human faces are similar, and even the structure and shape of human face organs are similar. Such features are advantageous for the use of human faces for positioning, but are disadvantageous for distinguishing human individuals using human faces. The masking of makeup and the natural similarity of twins have added to the difficulty of recognition.
2. There is variability in human face. The appearance of human face is very unstable. People can produce many expressions through facial changes, and in different observation angles, the visual images of human faces are also very different. In addition, face identification is also affected by The lighting conditions (eg. day and night, indoor and outdoor, etc.), many covers of the human face (such as masks, sunglasses, hair, beard, etc.), age, and other factors.
Finger vein recognition technology advantages and disadvantages:
1. The distribution of finger veins belongs to internal physiological characteristics. There will be no wear phenomenon, and falsification is extremely difficult so that it is trustworthy.
2. Vein vascular features are usually more pronounced, have a higher recognition rate, and have strong anti-interference.
3. It can realize non-contact verification and identification that is safe and healthy.
4. It belongs to the characteristics of subcutaneous veins. And it won’t be affected by dirt or oil stains on the surface of the fingers.
5. Live-recognition technology. The vein is a distribution image of blood vessel flow. Therefore, it is a dynamic recognition and can eliminate hacking.
6. The recognition efficiency is high, the speed is fast, and it is easy to use.
1. The cost is high. The biggest obstacle to the promotion of finger vein technology is the high cost, high accuracy of the identification instrument, complicated collection equipment requirements, higher design requirements, and high manufacturing and production costs.
2. The collection method is limited. The requirement for the image acquisition process of the finger vein cannot be miniaturized.
3. There are doubts that the distribution of finger veins may change with age and physiological changes. Permanence has not yet been verified.
Although finger vein identification is of some disadvantages, it does not hinder the application of this technology in various high security grade places, and its advantages are also unmatched by general biometric technologies.
HONSUN’s product Fiber Optic Plate can be used in biometrics such as fingerprint identification and vein identification. Its specification parameters can be customized according to the actual needs of customers. The typical fiber size is 4μm, 6μm, 100μm, etc.; and the minimum NA: 0.1.